Welcome to the St. Mark's webpage!!!

 

St. Mark's is the oldest congregation in this region of Iowa, having been established in 1855, 13 years before the city of Fort dodge was incorporated, when the local population numbered a mere 11 people. Our present church structure was built in 1894 and is generally considered one of the most beautiful churches in our community.

 

Through the years, the parish has helped shape the fabric of the city in many ways and contributed to the founding of many of the institutions that exist to assist people in need or facing crisis. Today, the parish hosts UDMO (Upper Des Moines Opportunity) in its basement, serving low income and crisis assistance, and the Baby's Room, a community clothing outlet for infants two years of age and younger.

 

Holy Communion is served every Sunday- it is the Lord's table and open to all who wish to receive, including children. 

 

St. Mark's has a covenant relationship with Good Shepherd of Webster City,

 

Our congregation strives to LOVE, SERVE, AND WORSHIP Jesus Christ.

God bless.


 

Please join us at the church for servicesB9M 4171

Holy Eucharist  Sunday 9:00 a.m.

St. Mark's Episcopal Church

1007 1st Avenue South
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
Office: 515 576-2019

 

Look at Our Photos

Come see a slideshow of our wonderful community, and get a glimpse of some of the many activities that take place at St. Marks.

 

Meet St. Mark's Episcopal Church

Come to the About Us section to meet the staff and clergy, and find out what we're all about!


 
© 2017 St. Mark's Episcopal Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community